17 Best Travel Quotes to Inspire Wanderlust
While some inspirational quotes can be cliché and cheesy, others can provide little moments of clarity revealing truths, fears, and sometimes undiscovered aspirations.
12 years ago, I began writing down quotes that resonate with me, challenge my thought process, and inspire self-reflection. The process of writing these words down on paper, allow me to better process and appreciate the intention of the message.
I would like to share with you some of the best travel quotes which I have collected throughout the years. Please feel free to pin, tweet, and share on your own social media so that together we can spread the message of travel, wonder, and adventure.
Best Inspirational Travel Quotes
1. “The core of man’s spirit comes from new experiences.”
2. “Everyone has the same 24 hours in a day; its what you do with them that counts.”
3. “What would you do if you weren’t afraid?” – Spencer Johnson, “Who Moved My Cheese?”
4. “Leave home, leave the country, leave the familiar. Only then can routine experience—buying bread, eating vegetables, even saying hello—become new all over again.” – Anthony Doerr
5. “Travel…the best way to be lost and found at the same time.” – Brenna Smith
6. “If we hope to live not just moment to moment, but in true consciousness of our existence, then our greatest need and most difficult achievement is to find meaning in our lives.” – Thomas J. Peters, “In Search of Excellence”
7. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”― Mark Twain
8. “Travel isn’t always pretty. It isn’t always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that’s okay. The journey changes you; it should change you. It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart, and on your body. You take something with you. Hopefully, you leave something good behind.” – Anthony Bourdain
9. “I tramp a perpetual journey.” ― Walt Whitman, “Song of Myself“
10. “And then there is the most dangerous risk of all — the risk of spending your life not doing what you want on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later.” – Randy Komisar, “The Monk and the Riddle”
11. “Nobody can discover the world for somebody else. Only when we discover it for ourselves does it become common ground and a common bond and we cease to be alone.” ― Wendell Berry, “A Place on Earth”
12. “The world will change whether or not you choose to change it, but you have the power to choose its direction.” – Napoleon Hill
13. “Once you have traveled, the voyage never ends, but is played out over and over again in the quietest chambers. The mind can never break off from the journey.” ― Pat Conroy
14. “It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.” ― Ursula K. Le Guin, The Left Hand of Darkness
15. “Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.” – Terry Pratchett, “A Hat Full of Sky”
16. “A person susceptible to “wanderlust” is not so much addicted to movement as committed to transformation.” – Pico Iyer
17. “To move, to breathe, to fly, to float, To gain all while you give, To roam the roads of lands remote, To travel is to live.” ― Hans Christian Andersen, “The Fairy Tale of My Life: An Autobiography”
Like this article? Pin to read later!